5. It’s virtually great for all audiences. Spiderman (and most superhero movies) are awesome because they appeal to everyone – it’s great for a date movie because it’s got action and romance, a good looking male ensemble as well as the always loveable Emma Stone, but it’s also awesome because you can see it with your family or take your little cousin to see it – it’s timeless. It’s not the cliché horror movie that’s always awesome for a date, but it’s awesome because its actually interesting and will have you the edge of your seat.
4. Jamie Foxx plays the villain. Okay, so I don’t watch a lot of Jamie Foxx movies, but this may be the first time that he takes on a different role than what he’s done in the past. He will be playing Max Dillon/Electro, one of the villains trying to take down Spidey this time around.
3. The Romance – We all love Emma Stone, no matter what role she plays. Once again she takes the role of Gwen Stacey, Peter Parker/Spiderman’s love interest. We get to watch Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone show us their on-screen (and off-screen, so cute!) romance once more and they couldn’t be anymore adorable!
2. All of the intense action – in this movie not only do we get Jamie Foxx playing a villain, but we get Dane DeHann (Chronicle) playing the green goblin as well. The two hotties will be joining forces to take down our beloved Spidey… can they do it? Only one way to find out.
1. Um… Andrew Garfield? We hope the sequel is just as good as the first one, because Garfield stole our hearts. It was awesome the way he was able to portray Spidey’s struggle between himself as a superhero and as Peter Parker. We get to watch him do an awesome job again this Friday (try not to drool, ladies!) on May 2, when The Amazing Spiderman 2 drops in theaters everywhere.